The Holy Metropolis of America would like to welcome Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church located in Mount Union, Pennsylvania, which has recently aligned itself with the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians.
On Sunday, December 17/30, 2012 Bishop Demetrius served the first Divine Liturgy, and received ten people into the GOC from the Carpatho-Russian Church. Fr. Christos Patitsas is assigned as the parish priest, and was made a father confessor. In addition to the members coming from the Carpatho-Russian Church, several other Old Calendar Orthodox Christians living in the area have begun attending the parish, bringing the total to approximately forty faithful.
The parish was founded in 1916 with the laying of the cornerstone, during the time of Archbishop Tikhon of America, the future St. Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow and Confessor of the faith during the early years of the Bolshevik revolution. As such, it is now the oldest parish of the GOC of America.
We wish the parishioners God's strength as they embark upon the Holy Struggle for Orthodoxy in Pennsylvania, and we invite all other interested individuals to make a stand for Orthodoxy and align themselves with our Holy Synod, following the courageous witness of these brothers and sisters.
See also: Doctor’s Visit Nets New Parish Priest
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Church began as a mission parish in the year 2000, in a home chapel in Palm Coast, FL – a small town on Florida’s northeast coast located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. After two years, it became necessary to have services in area community centers, rented for Sundays and other Holy Days. Read more...