On Wednesday December 19, 2013/January 1, 2014 the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians in America convened in a regular session via conference-call and discussed the following items on the agenda:
1. The dates and locations of the 2014 Clergy Synaxis and the 2014 Youth and Family Conference were discussed.
2. A committee was appointed to translate the 2009 draft of the Constitution of the Holy Metropolis of America.
3. A report was heard on the recent visit of a delegation of our Church to the Romanian Orthodox Old Calendar Church under His Eminence Metropolitan Vlasie, and developments in the Dialogue between the Church of the G.O.C. of Greece and the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of those in Resistance.
4. Recommendations were made concerning a clergyman of our Church in America.
5. The compilation of a list of candidates for the Metropolitan throne of America was postponed pending the translation into English of the By-Laws for the Election of Hierarchs in use in our Church.
Εις την εφημερίδα «Ελεύθερην Ώραν» της 6-8-2009 (ν.η.) ανγράφεται το ακόλουθον δημοσίευμα υπό τίτλον «Ο Γράψας, ο Παϊσιος και η Προφητεία!»:
«Για τον στρατηγό Δ. Γράψα υπήρχε άλλη Προφητεία. Την φοβήθηκαν.
Από καιρό κυκλοφορεί η προφητεία του γέροντα Παΐσιου… Βέβαια, άλλο προφητεία, άλλο πραγματικότητα… Αλλά, κάπου υπάρχει μία άκρη! Read more...
Jonesboro is a town located near the Eastern border of Arkansas, with a population of approximately 60,000. From a human standpoint, it’s not the most likely candidate for a traditional Orthodox mission, but for an Orthodox Christian who orders his priorities around Christ and His Church, it makes perfect sense. Read more...
2021 St. Xenia Camp
Greetings St. Xenia Camp family,
As previously announced, through the intercessions of St. Xenia, the prayers of so many of you, and with the blessing of Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp 2021 will return to Forest Acres in Fryeburg, Maine August 15-21! Given the continued impact of COVID-19, camp this year may yet be somewhat different from the past Forest Acres experiences. We are sharing this information ahead of registration so that all families can make an informed decision on whether they feel comfortable sending their camper(s) this year. [Read more...]
Q. There seems to be a lot of variation in how people observe fasting, but my confessor told me to fast from oil on Wednesday and Friday. Oil is a pretty vague category, though, and I was wondering if I could get a more explicit description of what kinds of food and drink are excluded on strict fast days. Read more...