On Wednesday, October 10/23, 2013, the Holy Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece convened in a regular session in the hall of the church “The Unfading Rose” in Piraeus. All the hierarchs in Greece were present save their Eminences Metropolitans Akakios of Attica & Diauleia, Maximos of Thessalonica and Demetrias and Justin of Euripus & Euboea who were ill.
The presence of His Eminence Metropolitan Pavlos of America was touching, after a many-year absence due to health issues.
The Holy Synod discussed the following items on the agenda.
1. It was informed by His Grace, Bishop Photios of Marathon concerning those things which occurred during his recent visit to Australia.
2. It discussed the issue of the pseudo-saints of the Ecumenists and the danger of the deception of the faithful from the Ecumenists’ systematic propaganda. The Holy Synod decided to publish a special informative announcement in the form of an encyclical.
3. The progress of the dialogue of the Church of the G.O.C. with the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of Those in Resistance was discussed as well as the discussion with the Romanian hierarchs under Metropolitan Vlasie.
4. The problems of the pastorate of the Holy Metropolis of America were discussed. His Eminence, Metropolitan Pavlos of America, plagued by illness due to a stroke he suffered eight years ago, stated once again his inability to exercise his pastoral responsibilities smoothly. He asked that his resignation be accepted from the throne of the Metropolis. After discussion, the Holy Synod accepted the request, but it asked His Eminence to continue exercising his pastoral duties until a Locum Tenens is appointed at the next Synod meeting.
5. Matters of ecclesiastical justice were discussed, for clarification and interpretation of certain procedural details.
Translated from the Greek
In the August 6, 2009 edition of the newspaper «Ελεύθερη Ώρα» (Free Time), the following article was published with the title “Grapsas, Paisios and the Prophecy!”:
“There was another prophecy for General Grapsas and they feared it.
For some time now the prophecy of Elder Paisios is circulating. Certainly, while the prophecy is one thing, reality is something else, but somewhere there is an extreme. Read more...
Jonesboro is a town located near the Eastern border of Arkansas, with a population of approximately 60,000. From a human standpoint, it’s not the most likely candidate for a traditional Orthodox mission, but for an Orthodox Christian who orders his priorities around Christ and His Church, it makes perfect sense. Read more...
2021 St. Xenia Camp
Greetings St. Xenia Camp family,
As previously announced, through the intercessions of St. Xenia, the prayers of so many of you, and with the blessing of Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp 2021 will return to Forest Acres in Fryeburg, Maine August 15-21! Given the continued impact of COVID-19, camp this year may yet be somewhat different from the past Forest Acres experiences. We are sharing this information ahead of registration so that all families can make an informed decision on whether they feel comfortable sending their camper(s) this year. [Read more...]
Q. Can you please explain the significance of the forty day memorial service? An Evangelical family asked one of our relatives that question. We said that it’s best to ask a clergy member. Thank you in advance for your response. (We will forward it to them as soon as possible).
-P. & M. G. Read more...