St. Xenia Camp Is Back!
August 14th-21st in Fryeburg, Maine
With the blessing of His Eminence, Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp will open for it’s 24th season in 2021! Through the intercessions of St. Xenia of St. Petersburg, and through the efforts of many who have worked tirelessly to bring the camp to where it is today, St. Xenia Camp continues to grow, providing Orthodox youth ages 8-16 a unique opportunity for recreation, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
Online camper registration at saintxeniacamp.orgwill open soon- we will send advanced notice to all parishes.
Please visit saintxeniacamp.org for more information and applications for one the following volunteer opportunities. We hope you can join us for this unique and wonderful experience of spiritual invigoration, growth and fun!
● Counselors- Quality counselors represent the backbone of the camp. Online applications are now open for young adults willing to serve as mentors and role models for our campers. Once accepted, you will be provided valuable online training in preparation for a day of in-person training on the Friday before camp begins (August 13th). Your participation will create lasting memories for both you and our campers!
● Support Staff- The foundation of the camp is the charitable spirit of its committed volunteer support staff. We seek certified adults for lifeguard and nursing staff, and qualified and responsible adults for crews in Arts& Crafts, the Kitchen, and on our Activity Support Staff. Through shared service in Christ comes its own opportunity for fellowship and spiritual growth- if you are able, please consider joining us! Onlineapplications will open with camper registration.
If you cannot offer alms in the form of volunteer service, you can still help keep the cost of camp affordable for all. With roughly $25,000 in expenses during our last camp year, and given the financial hardships many have experienced over the last year, we hope that those who are able will consider financially supporting the mission of the camp in one of the following ways:
● Sponsor a camper- help a parish or family give their youth a unique Orthodox experience, by supporting our camper scholarship fund.
○ $370 sends a camper who may otherwise be unable to attend.
● Sponsor a counselor- while many of our youth choose to volunteer as counselors, many are college students in need of assistance with transportation costs, and our modest stipend.
○ $100 helps 1 counselor provide a week of service to the future of the Church.
● Become a benefactor of St. Xenia Camp
○ Every $25 or $50 donation helps support the vast array of activities, training, and equipment that goes into supporting this all-volunteer camp.
Donations received by July 1st will best assist our directors in making final decisions for this year’s operations and programming. Please consider donating at saintxeniacamp.org(by credit card or PayPal), or by sending a check to: St. Xenia Camp
26 Horseshoe Circle
Ware, MA 01082
Please contact our camp directors with any questions about registering, volunteering, or donating to St. Xenia Camp. The St. Xenia Camp Directors
The “Father of Fathers, the Thirteenth Apostle and the Judge of the World (as his pheme states), Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria, Theodore sent a message to the Muslims of Egypt upon the feast of Ramadan. It is as follows:
“The most sacred month of the Islamic calendar, the chief month of personal worship and great awareness of the Divine for every faithful Muslim ends today with the festive, joyous season of Eid al-Fitr. Read more...
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Church began as a mission parish in the year 2000, in a home chapel in Palm Coast, FL – a small town on Florida’s northeast coast located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. After two years, it became necessary to have services in area community centers, rented for Sundays and other Holy Days. Read more...