St. Xenia Camp Is Back!
August 14th-21st in Fryeburg, Maine
With the blessing of His Eminence, Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp will open for it’s 24th season in 2021! Through the intercessions of St. Xenia of St. Petersburg, and through the efforts of many who have worked tirelessly to bring the camp to where it is today, St. Xenia Camp continues to grow, providing Orthodox youth ages 8-16 a unique opportunity for recreation, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
Online camper registration at saintxeniacamp.orgwill open soon- we will send advanced notice to all parishes.
Please visit saintxeniacamp.org for more information and applications for one the following volunteer opportunities. We hope you can join us for this unique and wonderful experience of spiritual invigoration, growth and fun!
● Counselors- Quality counselors represent the backbone of the camp. Online applications are now open for young adults willing to serve as mentors and role models for our campers. Once accepted, you will be provided valuable online training in preparation for a day of in-person training on the Friday before camp begins (August 13th). Your participation will create lasting memories for both you and our campers!
● Support Staff- The foundation of the camp is the charitable spirit of its committed volunteer support staff. We seek certified adults for lifeguard and nursing staff, and qualified and responsible adults for crews in Arts& Crafts, the Kitchen, and on our Activity Support Staff. Through shared service in Christ comes its own opportunity for fellowship and spiritual growth- if you are able, please consider joining us! Onlineapplications will open with camper registration.
If you cannot offer alms in the form of volunteer service, you can still help keep the cost of camp affordable for all. With roughly $25,000 in expenses during our last camp year, and given the financial hardships many have experienced over the last year, we hope that those who are able will consider financially supporting the mission of the camp in one of the following ways:
● Sponsor a camper- help a parish or family give their youth a unique Orthodox experience, by supporting our camper scholarship fund.
○ $370 sends a camper who may otherwise be unable to attend.
● Sponsor a counselor- while many of our youth choose to volunteer as counselors, many are college students in need of assistance with transportation costs, and our modest stipend.
○ $100 helps 1 counselor provide a week of service to the future of the Church.
● Become a benefactor of St. Xenia Camp
○ Every $25 or $50 donation helps support the vast array of activities, training, and equipment that goes into supporting this all-volunteer camp.
Donations received by July 1st will best assist our directors in making final decisions for this year’s operations and programming. Please consider donating at saintxeniacamp.org(by credit card or PayPal), or by sending a check to: St. Xenia Camp
26 Horseshoe Circle
Ware, MA 01082
Please contact our camp directors with any questions about registering, volunteering, or donating to St. Xenia Camp. The St. Xenia Camp Directors
A Rejoinder to Fr. Basil Gregoriates and an Apology for Breaking Communion with Ecumenist Bishops
In every age the devil tempts the faithful by various means: persecutions, foreign invasions, the lure of worldly seduction. Among his most effective snares are heresy and schism which, by separating Christians from the Church, lead them away from Christ and into spiritual deception and apostasy. Read more...
Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church is a beautiful mission parish near downtown Tucson, a city in southern Arizona. It was started in 1997 by Father John Bockman, who was a missionary Priest formerly serving missions in Tennessee and Massachusetts since 1990. Father John served the faithful in Tucson and the surrounding area in his home Chapel until his repose in November of 2000. His wife, Presbytera Valerie, continued to make her home Chapel available for the mission, with clergy from Saint Nectarios Orthodox Church in Seattle and His Eminence, Metropolitan Moses of Toronto (then of Portland), visiting to provide the Divine Services.Read more...
2021 St. Xenia Camp
Greetings St. Xenia Camp family,
As previously announced, through the intercessions of St. Xenia, the prayers of so many of you, and with the blessing of Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp 2021 will return to Forest Acres in Fryeburg, Maine August 15-21! Given the continued impact of COVID-19, camp this year may yet be somewhat different from the past Forest Acres experiences. We are sharing this information ahead of registration so that all families can make an informed decision on whether they feel comfortable sending their camper(s) this year. [Read more...]