22-68 26th Street
Astoria, New York 11105
The Cathedral of St. Markella was established by the ever-memorable Metropolitan Petros of Astoria in 1954, to serve the pious Orthodox Christians in the area who remained loyal to the Patristic "Old" Calendar. Since that time, it has become the Cathedral parish of the Holy Metropolis of the G.O.C. of America, whose current bishop is His Eminence, Metropolitan Demetrius.
In the August 6, 2009 edition of the newspaper «Ελεύθερη Ώρα» (Free Time), the following article was published with the title “Grapsas, Paisios and the Prophecy!”:
“There was another prophecy for General Grapsas and they feared it.
For some time now the prophecy of Elder Paisios is circulating. Certainly, while the prophecy is one thing, reality is something else, but somewhere there is an extreme. Read more...
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Church began as a mission parish in the year 2000, in a home chapel in Palm Coast, FL – a small town on Florida’s northeast coast located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. After two years, it became necessary to have services in area community centers, rented for Sundays and other Holy Days. Read more...